Sunday, February 12, 2017

Local Campaigns

I attended a candidate training (really for chairs and campaign managers rather than candidates) in Auburn yesterday, where I learned that Cayuga County folks are miles ahead of many of us in their scientific approach to campaigns. They take the target vote seriously and spend zero energy or money reaching voters who always vote the Dem line in every local election. I didn't learn anything new, but I was fascinated by their seriousness. They have already lined up town board candidates for the whole county and will start canvassing and doing door-to-door in June. It's exhausting! Meanwhile, we have a little village race that will occupy all of our time till late March. But I will try to apply some of the Cayuga tactics to reach those voters who are tough to reach in tiny local races. And I will make sure our candidates know their Win number.

No comments:

Post a Comment